Saturday, January 9, 2010

What others were feeling like today #15

Oh, readers! Be ever so thankful that Chancing My Arm does not come in Twitter form. For had I access to a medium that cries out for pithy, pissy observations I shudder to think of the flecks of bile I would have been spraying at my devoted followers this week. And perhaps some delightfully light-hearted observations on the iciness of the Dublin streets this week - ROGC - Rolling on the Ground Crying! Cuz I just fell on my bum again LOL!!!)
But anyway, enough of this tomfoolery. For you didn't come here to read my words, you came for those of Christopher Matthew. Oh yes you did. Did the government have enough salt in his day? How did he feel about Irish blogging? Let's find out.

1977

It may be a little late in the day to start making New Year resolutions, but mine are none the less serious for that. I shall write them down to remind myself:
1. To make some money.
2. To think seriously about getting married - possibly to Jane, but ideally to someone with money.
3. To find somewhere else to live. I am getting too old for this type of flat life
4. To move freely in society. I am always reading in the diaries of the famous how they dined here and lunched there; sat next to this person at table and met that one at the theatre. I see no reason why I should not do the same. My problem is that my life is too often taken up with domestic trivialities, and I allow my time to be wasted by people of little worth and influence. I shall take steps to break out of this little world in which I have become trapped in recent months, and give far freer rein to my personality and talents.

7 comment(s):

Radge said...

He taught at a finishing school for young ladies - I'm incredibly impressed by that but can't figure out why.

I kinda miss Twitter - I've found life unbearably hum-drum without Darragh Doyle's Joke(s) Of The Day.

Annie said...

Yeah, I'm going to start "moving freely in society" too. I like.

Kitty Catastrophe said...

Poor aul Jane! Hah, literally.

Andrew said...

Radge - I could set up a twitter account just to post daily jokes for you. It'd be interesting to see ho long it'd take them to kick me off as I really only know paedo jokes.

Annie - Me too. Starting at the 2010 irish Blog Awards. Or, y'know, not.

Kitty Cat - Just as well Rosie has a job. That's all I'm saying.

Jennikybooky said...

Home based business reviews???

I'm there!

Andrew said...

Exciting as it sounds, blanket-bombing spam cunts like my anonymous friend here have force me to put on comment moderation from now on, at least for a while. Hope it doesn't turn people off commenting.

Andrew said...

oh, i didn't mean comment moderation, I meant word verification. Time for sleep.