Monday, May 2, 2011

days of enjoyment to which everyone cheers

Friday

I get my first taste of the royal wedding at around 2 o'clock in the chipper in Georges' Street Arcade. The rolling loops on Sky News are muted, but the man behind the counter offers his own commentary.
"I'd have hor and hor sister, an' I'd take a little flower girl, too. I'd just have hor watchin'."

Saturday

An unspeakable lack of whiskey.
Later, fly to Pakistan.

Sunday

Arsenal beat United. Too little, too late.
I kill Osama bin Laden. It was surprisingly easy: I burst in on him watching Cash in the Attic, offered him a Werther's Original and then kicked him in the hip.


Monday

Dinner with the parents.

6 comment(s):

Radge said...

Please stop taking credit for my acts of counter terrorism.

Andrew said...

Make me.

Jo said...

Oo, two assassins fighting under a bridge.

I have no words for that wedding commentary.

Andrew said...

i had no words either, so i just grinned inanely. It took a moment for me to remember that flower girls are different to bridesmaids, and that these particular ones were about five or six.

Jo said...

Indeed.

Jo said...

I suppose it's hard to remember the Rich are the same as us, sometimes - over-privileged flower girls are still just children! :D