Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Serendipitous Mash-Ups

Something truly momentous happened today. One of those historic moments where in years to come you will look back and remember exactly where you were when you heard about it.
For as I was driving along with The Brother this evening, sans car radio, he began to sing 'Sloop John B' in the style of Johnny Cash, just as I repeatedly sang the "I'm a reasonable man, get off my case" refrain from Radiohead's 'Packt Like Sardines in a Crush Tin Box'.

And it sounded only fucking glorious.

7 comment(s):

Darren said...

Strange, just strange.

Andrew said...

Strange, Darren? No, it was hauntingly beautiful. You heard about it here first, just remember that.

Anonymous said...

Do i sense next years chart topping double act my son?

Andrew said...

Sean - Not to get ahead of myself too much but yes, yes you do.

Radge said...

'Packt Like Sardines...' gets into my head all the time. A bit of an anthem for anyone pissed off working in an office, I reckon...

Anonymous said...

Both wonderful songs, even when sung apart.

Andrew said...

Radge - I reckon so. Or just for people generally disillusioned.

Fiona - Apart? How does that work?