Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Funnily enough, I missed the freckles on her shoulder

Early blanking from Tony Fenton aside, Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip in Whelans was just the deadliest gig I've been to in a very long time. And that's not just because I don't go to very many gigs.

In other news, Captain Morgan is now my second favourite captain, sandwiched in between Birdseye and Smack.




9 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Captain Planet doesn't get a look in then, no?

Andrew said...

well, it was only a top three. But, y'see, I judge my capatains on the efficiency with which thay reach their goals. Captain birdseye makes excellent Fish Fingers and looks suitably creepy around kids, Captain Morgan gets me handsomely rummed up, and cap'n Smack makes me laugh my bollocks off.

Captain Planet, fdespite his repeated insistence that he would,and definitely being something of a hero, did not 'take pollution down to zero.'

Cycles Goff said...

I got to stick an oar in for Captain Caveman here.

Captain Caaaaaavemaaaaaan! He was set free by the Teen Angels, you know.

Sarah Gostrangely said...

What bout yer man from the Simpsons? The "aaarrrgh" one? He's a good un.

Also Captain America for 70's Dublin-style glamour.

You got blanked by Tony Fenton? How cool.

Andrew said...

Gimme - I must confess to having been unfamiliar with Captain Caveman, so I checked him out on Youtube. He'll probably sneak into my top five. The Teen Angels will make it onto another special list of mine.

Sarah - yeah, guess he's pretty cool. I think he loses marks for his sheer ubiquity, as Captain Birdseye woulda done once upon a time. He's hip and underground now, though. Probably all the hanging out with kids that did it. Political correctness gone mad, as they say.

Anonymous said...

Andy, man, was that you I passed on the stares? Pop a doodle do! I'm such a ninnymuggins.

Andrew said...

Tonester, dude, whatevs! Shit happenz when you partay nekkid, huh? We still cool? Bro's B4 ho's, yeh?

Anonymous said...

In danger of showing my age here.

Who is Smack?

Can I vote for Morgan three times?

Andrew said...

Blazing, did you check out the link? I think he's something of a genius.

But yes, you may certainly vote for Morgan three times.