Monday, January 5, 2009

Words I Intend to Use More in 2009

cygnet
lissome
blithe
rearguard
tatty
nuanced
dredge
jugular
frisson
didactic
caucasian
avarice
phlegmatic
rippled
clean
beneficial
erratic
immodest
calibrate
gosling

9 comment(s):

B said...

reviewing half nelson so?

Catherine said...

Ah, but can you get them all in the one sentence?

Annie A said...

lipstick

Darragh said...

And how many will you use to describe yourself?

Dick Madeley said...

Not bad but I think you're missing 'cabal', 'iridescent' and 'flagellum'.

Darren said...

Blithe - excellent.

I plan on making 'riven' an all season word, not just for Christmas.

Andrew said...

B - heh. oddly, that did occur to me once I used gosling. Don't think I liked that film, reminded me too much of me. Minus the crack addiction and charsima.

Catherine - Ummm...I'll work on it.

Annie - Do tell Pablo I say hi.

Darragh - One, maybe. Directly after a shower.

Dick - Excellent words there. Though the one I really felt I was missing as soon as I'd published this was 'malleable'.

Daz - Yeah, that's a good one too. And reminds me that I'm quite a fan of 'craven'.

B said...

never seen it

katie-lilga said...

i think i'm gonna go with the words 'inevitable', 'ubiquitous' and perhaps i'll go mad and throw in the odd 'inevitably ubiquitous'