It's been a while now since I've been tagged with any kind of a meme. Normally anyone who does do this to me deserves to be kicked up the hole with a pair of size 15 hobnails. But when the man who tags you is Blazing, one of the true gentlemen of the blogosphere, it'd be rude not to.
The rules of this particular meme are:
1) Put the link of the person who tagged you on your blog.
2) Write the rules.
3) Mention 6 things or habits of no real importance about you.
4) Tag 6 persons adding their links directly.
5) Alert the persons that you tagged them.
I'm inclined to think that my blog is already all too full of information of no real importance about me, but I'll fire away anyway with some tasty nuggets y'all may not be aware of.
1. I once bumped into former US secretary of State Madeleine Albright outside Dino's Takeaway in Athboy, Co. Meath. We had an illuminating chat about the impact of leopards upon coastal erosion. Minimal, apparently.
2. I auditioned for one of the leading roles in Ang Lee's Lust, Caution. I was turned down for being "excessively lustful, not cautious enough." Yeah, Ang, and The Hulk sucked.
3. When I leave the house with either no boxers or no socks on I like to imagine I'm a pornstar.
4. When I'm playing Football Manager I occasionally fantasise that my peripheral, squad rotation players are slightly attracted to me. But only in a way they can't quite comprehend.
5. I have a paralysing fear of starfish.
6. I devoted the entirety of the middle seventeen years of my life to perfecting the formula for barbeque sauce flavoured candyfloss.
7. I believe 7 to be an infinitely superior number to 6. You know the way there's 7 days in a week? I came up with that.
Now, the shitty part: Tagging.
1. Darren. Because he needs to stop pretending he works for Empire magazine and get back to his own blog.
2. Meadow. Because she's new enough to this game to probably never have been tagged before. And why worry about jobs when there are memes to be done.
3. Radge. Because it will annoy him but he could make it very funny.
4. Colm. For precisely the same reason.
5. Uncle Dick. The possibilities are endless.
6.Green of Eye. Because she might use nice pictures to illustrate it.
The option to tell me to go fuck myself remains, as ever, a viable and appealing option.