Friday, September 26, 2008

Stepaside

I've taken recently to driving an alternative route home, one that skips the sluggishness and tedium of the M50 at rush-3hours and winds instead through the countryside, past hills and trees and lovely places like Powerscourt. I tried the same drive last week and stupidly took a wrong turn and ended up back on the motorway. But not this evening.

As I meandered along and the sun went to bed in the mountains a golden dog put its head out of the window of the car in front of me and looked to be enjoying the view every bit as much as I was. And I wished my own beautiful brown dog was with me, more than I've wished for anything in a while.

3 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous drive, really picturesque especially when it's lovely and sunny. *sigh*

Andrew said...

Hey Annie. Yeah, i love it. You can see the soppy mood it put me in.

Anonymous said...

Awww, a good drive makes up for a crappy commute.