Monday, July 14, 2008

Oxegen: Get Some Competent Stewards

I have loads to say about Oxegen and the various shenanigans and occasional outbursts of music that went on there but heaps of others have or will do it better than I could and I'm too fucking wrecked right now...working at 9 the day after a weekend festival is not recommended.

The music was great and the craic was, largely, mighty.

My heading speaks for itself and I'll elaborate a bit more once I've had a proper night's kip and am feeling a little less tetchy about various things I encountered there. If any fellow revellers are passing by and have any wee anecdotes to share then do feel free to leave them in the comments and I'll respond in due course. Or you can discuss the Middle East peace process, the merits of botox, or the impending collapse of professional football as we know it if you prefer.

5 comment(s):

B said...

"If any fellow revellers are passing by and have any wee anecdotes to share then do feel free to leave them in the comments and I'll respond in due course."

wanting us to waste our anecdotes here eh?!

Lottie said...

I think the Stewarts were damn good.

They were all polite and willing to help. It's true that when I was looking for a specific tent I was directed in all directions - but it must be said if I had listened to the very first instructions I would have found it must earlier.

Then then one lovely guy offered to drive me around the site until I found what I was looking for. Thank you Mr. Land Rover #80.

They certainly can't have much training for this event and I think they did their best in all circumstances.

MJ said...

Go on, what was wrong with the stewards? The poor people of Kildare... (no I'm not in/from there)

Andrew said...

B- yes, that's exactly what i want.

Lottie- some of them WERE damn good. i don't have breasts though, so i wonder if anyone would have driven me around?
And your point about them doing their best without much training gets to the crux of the problem. people pay good money to be at this thing and deserve properly-trained stewards.

MJ- nice to have you back, hope the hols were good. Think I've answered your question in my new post, but I won't hold the good people of kildare responsible at all because most of the stewards seemed to be from Liverpool. Mind you, they were the competent and friendly ones.

Anonymous said...

I think i was slightly incoherent when I met you at Delorentos...

In other news, the stewards at EP tend to be complete and utter feckers.

They send you in the wrong direction on purpose!